One of the best things about being a writer here in NYC is all the great literary events you have access to. This week I’m checking out several events at the PEN World Voices Festival of International Literature. Yesterday was “Contemporary Writers on the Classics” with the amazing Giannina Braschi, Ib Michael, and Lauri Sheck, and “The New Censorship” at the Bowery Poetry Club. Tonight is “Street Smarts,” stories from people at the economic fringes of the US, and tomorrow is writing from the Domestic Workers United Workshop. I’m sure I’ll have lots to write about in the next few days after taking all this in, but for now I’m too busy soaking in all this literary wonderfulness!
TheBaffledKingComposing by Pamela DiFrancesco is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
- Reading this book and every goddamn word is YES. 6 hours ago
- I know I'm way late to the game, but Jesus god is @rgay a brilliant writer. Bad Feminist is everything. 6 hours ago
- From now on: every time I feel like correcting someone on the internet, I'm gonna write instead. ;) 19 hours ago
- @aColinWinnette @TheMarySue Class act. I like your writing, & if you ever write another trans character and need a beta reader, email me :) 19 hours ago
- Also, I finally fulfilled my life-long dream of writing about The Sons of Lee Marvin, even if in passing. AND I DIDN'T ACTUALLY FANBOY HUH 2 days ago