One of the best things about being a writer here in NYC is all the great literary events you have access to. This week I’m checking out several events at the PEN World Voices Festival of International Literature. Yesterday was “Contemporary Writers on the Classics” with the amazing Giannina Braschi, Ib Michael, and Lauri Sheck, and “The New Censorship” at the Bowery Poetry Club. Tonight is “Street Smarts,” stories from people at the economic fringes of the US, and tomorrow is writing from the Domestic Workers United Workshop. I’m sure I’ll have lots to write about in the next few days after taking all this in, but for now I’m too busy soaking in all this literary wonderfulness!
TheBaffledKingComposing by Pamela DiFrancesco is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
- @shneusk is easy to cheer up cuz he's such a Wishcutie! twitter.com/shneusk/status… 2 days ago
- Wrote a fun piece on how to make yourself feel better if u have a complicated relationship with your mom on Mother'… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- RT @patience_yo: @NICKIMINAJ is this deal still going? I busted ass so hard, third 4.0! I'm on my own financially and deep in the hole on a… 1 week ago
- Just received notice that one of my short stories will be performed at @SundressPub OUTSpoken performance for LGBTQ+ work! So exicted! 2 weeks ago
- Y'know how I talk about trans representation in lit? Currently submitting an essay about the first time I've seen a cis writer get it right! 2 weeks ago