In this stark Acid Western, the dark side of the oft-glorified Gold Rush period in California is revealed when the Narrator, a nameless, fragile man in search of salvation, witnesses the brutality of western expansion. On a journey to meet up with his wife, who is taking care of her ailing mother, the Narrator witnesses the crossing of paths between a Native American man on a moral quest to right the wrongs of the Gold Rush and a desperate, fearsome stranger who has lost everything in his quest for gold. Along the way, the Narrator’s sensibilities shift and change, and his dark and troubled past emerges in glimpses he struggles to repress. Ultimately, he is left with a decision that will change not only his own life, but the lives of those around him. (Medallion Press, February 2015)
TheBaffledKingComposing by Pamela DiFrancesco is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
- Reading this book and every goddamn word is YES. 6 hours ago
- I know I'm way late to the game, but Jesus god is @rgay a brilliant writer. Bad Feminist is everything. 6 hours ago
- From now on: every time I feel like correcting someone on the internet, I'm gonna write instead. ;) 19 hours ago
- @aColinWinnette @TheMarySue Class act. I like your writing, & if you ever write another trans character and need a beta reader, email me :) 19 hours ago
- Also, I finally fulfilled my life-long dream of writing about The Sons of Lee Marvin, even if in passing. AND I DIDN'T ACTUALLY FANBOY HUH 2 days ago